Raised Access Floors Installations Ltd recognises that its business activities have an impact on the environment. The company is committed to reducing its impact through the adoption of a planned and co-ordinated management system.
Specifically, the company will aim to: –
- Ensure that all current and anticipated environmental legislation relating to the companies operations is fully understood and implemented.
- Ensure that all duties are met under the Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008, achieving high standards in its management of waste with the view to reducing waste to a minimum.
- Reduce energy consumption through a programme of systematic management and thereby reduce the environmental impact associated with energy production and use, principally the production of CO2.
- Make savings wherever practical and feasible to reduce the consumption of water and other natural resources.
- Select materials, which will minimise the impact on the environment, whilst recognising the need to meet specific performance requirements.
- Ensure that all employees are fully aware of the company’s environmental objectives and have the knowledge and resources to meet their specific responsibilities.
- Give due care and attention to environmental considerations in decisions about new developments and when purchasing new equipment and machinery.
- Be kept informed of and adopt best practices in all areas of the environment in which the company operations have an impact.
- Communicate this policy to customers, suppliers and other organisations, and encourage their active support and involvement.
- Set detailed, quantified and realistic objectives and targets to implement this policy.